I've gotten TONS of questions on how I make my matcha at home, and I don't blame ya'll one bit because I post ALL THE TIME about my matcha craze! If you don't know what MATCHA is, it's basically finely ground up green tea leaves (not just the regular kind, the really really good kind) and it's got A TON of health benefits to it. I've been drinking matcha for a couple of years now, and I absolutely love the taste of it & how it doesn't give me that coffee-crash. (I drink coffee from time to time too, don't get me wrong! But, I don't live off of coffee anymore - at least not right now and I hope to keep it that way). If you want to find out more about the health benefits of and what makes matcha different, click HERE.
Today, I'll show you guys how to make matcha in TWO different ways. The first will be the traditional way, made with just hot water and a bamboo whisk. The second will be my go to recipe, which is the matcha latte. So, keep on reading to find out how YOU can make your own matcha drink at home!
At Home Instant Matcha
This is probably THE EASIEST matcha recipe EVER, which takes DIY Matcha on a whole new level.
What you need:
- 1 PANATEA Instant Matcha Packet
- 12 oz Water
- 1 cup ice
What to do:
- Once you have the 12 oz water in a cup, add 1 packet of the PANATEA Instant Matcha Packet
- Then, just add the ice, and VOILA! You've got yourself an iced matcha!
DIY Matcha Latte
This recipe is my GO-TO. RIDE-OR-DIE. TRIED-AND-TRUE. Y'all ready for my DIY matcha latte recipe?!
Here's what you need:
- 1 tsp PANATEA Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- 2 Tbsps Water
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- Optional: Bamboo Matcha Whisk
What to do:
- Heat up the water (but not to boiling)
- Place in a bowl and add the 1 tsp of Matcha
- Whisk away OR place the water and Matcha in the blender and blend
- Heat the almond milk or milk of your choice (but again, not to boiling)
- Add the warm milk into the blender and blend again. (again, you can skip all the separate steps and just blend the water, milk and matcha in the blender)
- Pour the yummy goodness into your favorite cup
- Optional: sprinkle extra Matcha on top!
I'm loving the options of being able to make a quick matcha, but also being able to make it into a morning ritual and sipping slowly on that warm creamy matcha latte! What would your choice be: Are you an on-the-go person who likes iced matcha? Or are you a slow-down type of person and enjoys the ritual of making your morning matcha latte?
These are the best ways I've found to make my DIY matcha drinks and I thank PANATEA for graciously sending me a few samples of their matcha to try out! If you'd like to try too, you can use the code "DOROTHY15" for 15% off your first order!
Hope you loved this post so Matcha ;)